When shopping for custom window treatments for your home, there are several factors that you should consider.
- Purpose ‐ Decorative, functional (day time or night time privacy, light blocking, insulation, etc…)
- Budget ‐ Since we carry so many different products which vary greatly in price, we can help to guide you towards a solution that will fit within your budget if you can tell us what you would be comfortable spending
- Design aesthetic of all involved – we strongly recommend coming in with your partner for a window treatment consultation, so that we can consider everyone’s design aesthetic.
- Time Frame – Roller shades can take 2 to 3 weeks to order, but custom drapery can take 8 to 10 weeks during busy periods so if you have a deadline you are working towards, please do not delay in coming to us!
What to bring:
- Pictures of your window(s), including some overall room shots
- Floor plan (if you have one)
- Measurements of your windows:
‐Floor to ceiling
‐Width and height of your windows along with trim dimensions
‐Wall space around the windows (sides, below and above)
- Materials/finishes you are working with in the room